OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP / Vista / Seven
CPU: 3.2 GHz
RAM: 64 MB
GPU: 32 MB
HDD: 205 MB
Slender's Woods is a short horror game about a mythical creature Slender man (Here you can find more information about him) and it takes place in the woods. Of course, the game is inspired by the famous Slender game by Parsec Productions, but it has a different type of gameplay. The game is made on EDuke32, an enhanced version of the classic Build engine.
The development started a month after the original Slender game came out. One of the main reasons this game was made is to show a different atmosphere and gameplay done with the Slender man character. The goal is not to collect a certain amount of objects to win like in the most Slender tributes/clones. This game is more about storytelling and puzzle solving.
The game has two modes with different gameplay:
1.Story mode, the main feature of the game, which plays like a quest with the enemy chasing you. You have to visit various locations, pick up/use items and solve the puzzles.
The story is about a man who decides to move into a house deep in the woods for a week. The man hears strange noises outside the house one night and decided to check it out. The story will have twists and sudden moments to make you more interested in solving the mystery.
2.Page collecting mode. This mode is added just as a bonus for the fans of the original game. You have to collect a certain amount of pages in the woods to survive (or maybe not).
You may unlock a small bonus if you beat both Story and Page Collecting modes.
Overall, the game features random events and scripted sequences, a proper storyline and ending, a fully original soundtrack, a fully functional menu, easter eggs and also an ability to fight back Slender man at the end.
Tips (Please read before playing Story mode):
* Don't look at the enemy for too long.
* The more you play the game, the faster the enemy becomes.
* The flashlight has a limited power, don't forget to collect batteries.
* Sprinting causes your maximum stamina to drop slightly, especially in the Page collecting mode.
* Don't forget to read the notes, they contain tips where you should go.
* Try to remember the layout of the level and pay attention to the signs.
* Story mode has checkpoints which allow you to save the game. To load the last game, simply access the Story mode menu section and select "load game" or hit "yes" on the continue screen.
* Don't stop moving in the forest area after Slender man starts following you
* Don't miss the key in the generator room in the underground tunnels
** Importand note: under the sawmill you'll find the map which will tell you where the key is. If the map will tell you to go to the "house", go straight to the east from the sawmill and you'll find it.